Here are some of the things I learned also, reminders to myself:
1. After turning 21 the years start to fly by.
2. Cherish the times you have with your parents. Growing up I was caught up having fun with my so called “friends”. Our parents won’t be here forever so spend quality time with them.
3. Time will heal anything and something greater is to come
4. You will meet a lot groups of “best friends” before you realize who your real friends are.
5. There will always be parties/clubs to attend. So, don’t ever feel like you’re missing out on something. Comfy grandma life is always better than the girls who get wasted every weekend.
6. However, it’s always good to make new memories! All in moderation!
7. ALCOHOL WILL GET YOU FAT OVER THE YEARS OF DRINKING
8. DON’T DRINK & DRIVE OR RISK THE LIVES OF OTHERS NOT ONLY YOURSELF.
9. Boys will come and go. With that being said, F*ck boys are only TEMPORARY. You get NOTHING out of it but 10 seconds of joy.
10. LIVING THE SINGLE LIFE DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE LONELY
11. Being alone is a good time to do soul searching and discover who you are. Love yourself first before you love someone else. If you never love yourself you will always be insecure in any relationships.
12. Take care of yourself. That being said practice self-love. LOVE YOURSELF not in a conceited/vain way but know your WORTH and what you DESERVE.
13. Embrace yourself: who you are, nationality, race, and ethnicity. Moving to America as a Filipino, I got made fun of my accent which completely crushed my feelings. I decided to stop speaking my own native language. I did it to become “Americanized”. Now that I’m older we live in a country so diverse that we share all cultures and it’s beautiful. If you ask me now I love being Filipino especially our food and culture!
14. Forgive. Let what happen be a learning experience.
15. Accept defeat when necessary and move on.
16. Do not…I REPEAT, do not Max out your credit cards! Try to only use your credit card if you KNOW you have extra money to pay for it next month.
17. Enjoy a few days without technology aka our favorite iPhones or android.
18. Don’t be afraid to say YES and know when to say NO. Be able to understand any situation you may encounter. Never be close minded just because YOU personally don’t like it. Opt to be mindful instead.
19. Stop procrastinating or saying “you can’t do it” because YOU CAN! Step out of your comfort zone once in awhile. Live a little! You can always be the little kid in all of our hearts.
20. Don’t beat yourself up if you don’t know what career you want right away. College is an experience to find what you like and what you don’t like
21. School is cool! Sure it’s a pain in the ass we can all agree. Honestly, it’s only 3-4 months you can do it!
22. Take a chance and be fearless! Don’t be afraid to speak up to people. You have a voice to share.
23. Never stop believing in yourself. Chase those dreams of yours! The journey to achieving your goals is always worth it. That’s where the magic begins! 💫
Which one of these were your favorite? Let me know comment down below! 😊