Welcome back, Everyone!
Today is one of my favorite days of the week mostly because it’s Taco Tuesday 🙂
I wanted to share with you guys how to make homemade fish tacos. Here are quick cooking tips to make your own homemade fish tacos. Not to mention this recipe is definitely affordable. I spent less than $15.00 and was able to enjoy the food with my parents. Now, what a better way to save a few bucks on Taco Tuesday.
I will be listing the ingredients that you will be needing plus how much you will need:
- 1 pound firm white fish, such as tilapia, snapper, cod, mahi mahi, or catfish
- 2 medium limes, halved
- 1 medium garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for oiling the grill grates
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 small head of green or red cabbage (about 14 ounces), cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 to 8 soft (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Sliced avocado, for garnish (optional)
- Guacamole, for garnish (optional, see above)
- Salsa, for garnish (optional, see above)
- Sour cream, for garnish (optional)
- Hot sauce, for garnish (optional)
Check out: Chowhound for the same recipe!
If you like to watch the video instead here’s the link that I used: FISH TACOS
P.S. I used wheat tortilla instead of corn and it was still just as delicious!
Where’s the best fish tacos have you eaten? Comment below I’d love to check it out.